Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 8+- Paralysis- 1/16/2015

Hello people. My name is Nate and this is Med Ed. The only blog where you can save a life with a few clicks and some of your time. Today, I just finished typing up brain surgery, and after my brain cooled down, I decided to go for another one. I'm going to go easy on this one. Pshhh, who am I kidding. paralysis, lets go. 
This one is rather short since there isn't much to talk about. I'll try my hardest to fill you in though.
Paralysis is the loss of muscle function in part of the body. It happens when something goes wrong with the communication of muscles and nerves. It can be complete or partial. In can occur in a specific area, a complete side of your body, or just solid all the way through. 
Paralysis one the bottom half of your body is called paraplegia. Paralysis of your arms and legs is called quadriplegia. Mostly, it is cause by strokes, broken necks, or spinal chord injuries. Other ways are nerve diseases, autoimmune system diseases, and Bell's palsy, which affects muscles in the face. There is also polio, but I doubt you have to worry about that anymore. Rest in Peace FDR. 
Well that's pretty much it. Wait, there are some people who deserve some credit here. I have to thank MedlinePlus for all the great information and resources they have at anyone's disposal. Check them out here->      http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
I'll see you guys next time on Med Ed. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment