Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 12- Trench Foot- 2/9/2015

Hey, guys. My name is Nate, and this is Med Ed. The only blog where you can save a life with a few clicks and some of your time. Today, I'm staying on the totally-disgusting-medical-stuff class of topics. Trench foot. The worst thing to ever come from trench warfare. Besides the shooty stuff. Anyway, I suggest wearing socks during this so you don't puke.
Trench foot is in a nutshell when your feet are soaked 24/7. It was first noted in Napoleon's army's retreat from France, but it is commonly linked to World War I. It is caused when blood flow can't carry as much oxygen and nutrients to your feet. Thus, your skin will start to rot away. It is commonly associated with swelling of the feet, numbness, and pain. 
In World War I, if you got trench foot, the only "cure" was to lose a foot to a doctor and a rusted band saw. Now er' days, you can probably keep you foot. PROBABLY. Naw, I'm kidding. People don't really lose feet anymore. Of course, you can probably ignore everything to do with trench as long as you have the common sense to not wear wet shoes and socks for a day. In addition to this short explanation, I though I should an "attractive" and *gulp* not disgusting at all picture. Jeez, that is terrible. Oh my gosh. Anyway, check out the article I got my info from here: http://www.footvitals.com/injuries/trench-foot.html


No comments:

Post a Comment